Scorpions are seen as a commonest pest found in households. You can find a majority of them in southern areas of United States and in desert regions. This pest has got a tendency to stay in dark places during daytime. They come out at night in search of water and food. One of the ways by which you can eliminate them is to hunt them at night, remove their food and shelter sources, introduce them to predators or use sprays to kill them.
Seal your house
By sealing their entry to your house, you would see that they won’t be able to come to your house. This will ultimately help in protecting yourself and loved ones from trouble. Also, you need to remove all those things that help scorpions to thrive and breed. Mesa is a populated city in Maricopa County, Arizona. Pest control Mesa has years of experience in eliminating all kinds of pests from the place. They use the best, safe and easy methods to keep your house clean and pest free.
Eliminate excess level of moisture in different places. Remove or hide any arrangement of food and water in your house. Make sure that the floor, closets, corners, and crawl spaces are fully dry and leak proof. Avoid water to accumulate in puddles or storage containers close to your home.
Eliminate all kinds of bugs in the house
The major sources of food for scorpions is insects. So ensure that there are no ants, roaches, or other type of bugs in your house. This is one of the best strategies to keep them away from your house. To eliminate pests from your house, you can do the following things:
- Clean the dishes and remove any food crumbs quickly so that bugs don’t find them.
- Sprinkle diatomaceous earth or borax around the baseboards and below the sink in the home. They are the natural substances that help in killing insects.
- Spray insecticides all around the house to efficiently kill insects. Use only those insecticides that are not harmful and poisonous to pets and humans.
Remove shelters of scorpion
Scorpions look out for dark places to live. These are the best places where they can hide in the daytime. If you have any kind of structures inside or outside your house that can give them a convenient place to hide, then remove it as soon as possible.
- Store cardboard boxes on the shelve in place of the floor.
- Avoid keeping clutter around the house or below the bed.
- Keep the closet and bedroom clean and organized.
- Remove the pile of clothes, wood, yard clippings, rocks or shoes on the floor as these attract
- Trim foliage and back bushes that can serve as a hiding place for them.
Scorpions can do a lot of harm to your family if not taken necessary preventive measures on time. These are some of the safe ways, which when implemented properly would definitely make your home free from danger.